English 4, Post 6, 'Time Travel to the future'

 Warm Salutations,


Prospective Biochemists, Chemists and Food Engineers and Pharmaceutical Chemists from FCQF,



This week, I am bringing to you the sixth out of eight blog sessions.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:


Write about an imaginary time travel to the future:


  • Where would you like to go? Why?

  • What time in the future?

  • Would you like to stay there? Why/Why not?

  • Upload pictures (optional)


Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s entry


Word count: 220 words

 

 

As usual, as you’re used to, I leave you an entry that you can take as a point of reference to write one of your own:


Future? Why? I do not know If I want to travel to the future, to be honest. What for? To acquire a ton of information that might be helpful for mankind, I suppose. Well, if I have to be honest, I wouldn’t mind if a take a short trip and find out what will become of humanity in a few decades, or even centuries. 


First of all, I would like to travel for 2 weeks in the future to find out what will become of some errands I have to make in two weeks’ time. If these errands turn out to be OK, my next journey will be in a few years, 4 or 5 let’s say. I think it will be pretty good to know [for sure and in exact terms] if I and my family will be OK in such a short time frame [4 or 5 years is such a really short time, don’t you think?]. Are we going to be OK? I think it’s up to this little journey to find out about it.


Once I had made sure that every acquaintance and family member will be OK, I think I will turn into an informant for future events that will involve us all as humans and people. Well, it will not do any harm if I can make some money with a little bit of information about some sports statistics, not that I will cause a major time and space collapse, I think. [any related events to a time travel movie called ‘Back to the Future’ are only mere and accidental coincidence].


Finally, I think I will look for information about time travel, to make this experience safer for the right people: engineers, scientists and anyone who is willing to and that can bring actual progress to our contemporary human landscape. However, if I think about travelling to the future even further, I think I will prefer to leave the world as it is and worry about my present. I know you will probably be thinking that this is a very cheap and anticlimactic way to end a blog entry, and it is. It’s not that is a good idea to mess with future events, either. 


Anyway, let’s turn the page over and see what would you do if you were able to travel a few moments or centuries in the future. Thanks for reading. Cheers!


Comments

  1. very good idea to make money with sports betting, it had not occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful with causing a paradox that would destroy the universe hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Anaís Reitter) Actually, I hadn't thought about the temporal and space consequences for the time travels, we could mess it up everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to travel to the future and learn about the things that have not yet occurred to avoid the worst ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Ana Araya): haha I think it's good to collect information to make some money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the reference to back to the future it's the best, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. (José Vásquez Reyes) Hello teacher! I think we are all captivated by travelling into the future, but there is a fear of creating disturbances that change a lot of things in the present, or is that just a theory from the superhero series? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!! I find it interesting and quite practical

    ReplyDelete
  9. good reference about the movie hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. get money through sports betting is very profitable, you can make a lot of money

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the reference of the movie haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. jajaj what a good idea about sports statistics

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your idea for the future but i have a reflection, "back to the future or back to the last?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi teacher, I find your vision interesting regarding a trip to the future :))
    Ashley Ledezma

    ReplyDelete
  15. the idea of making money with the sport stadictics, the best

    ReplyDelete
  16. I imagine him being part of an organization of timekeepers or something that jajajaj.

    ReplyDelete
  17. (Tamara Figueroa) is a very good idea to make money

    ReplyDelete
  18. "An informant for future events" such an incredible idea hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  19. (Sebastián Astudillo) I agree with your conclusion. What matters is the here and now, as the great master Oogway said: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift that is why it is called the present.

    ReplyDelete
  20. (carlos gonzalez) I like the reference you put in the post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 4, Post 7, 'Changes to my study programme'

English 4, Post 5, 'My future job'

English 4, Post 4, 'Themed Free Post [II]'