English 4, Post 7, 'Changes to my study programme'

 Warm Salutations,


Prospective Biochemists, Chemists and Food Engineers and Pharmaceutical Chemists from FCQF,



This week, I am bringing to you the seventh out of eight blog sessions.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:



Write about some changes that could be made to your study programme

Among others, think about:

> The curriculum (the subjects you have to study)
> Workload and length of studies
> Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)
> Use of technology
> Teaching Methods


- Word Count: 230
- Leave comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and your teacher's blog entry 



As I always do, I leave you with a sample post,


"I think I would not change any of the subjects from the undergraduate programme I studied. They are OK and I have no complaints whatsoever. The curriculum was probably meant to cover every single aspect of English Linguistics and Literature. What it did not cover was Spanish Linguistics, and of course, I did not study Spanish Linguistics. Even though I took a subject on Spanish Grammar and Introduction to Literary Studies completely in Spanish, it was not complete enough to say that I received enough linguistic training in Spanish Linguistics and Literature.


That being so, and focusing on the workload and length of studies, I think they were kind of appropriate since we were university students and we were meant to be there from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm. We, as students, were taking a full-time academic workload and it was OK as well. Furthermore, I would say this training in English Linguistics, formally speaking at least, helped enormously to create a sense of discipline of study and on this matter, a full-time formal training was also OK.  


On another tone, The Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities falls into dark times concerning the not very amicable status of its facilities and use of technology. When entering the faculty’s facilities one can feel a terrible sense of isolation from the outside world. What I mean to say is that there is not a single trace of technology from this century.

In an overall appraisal, I would say I liked the programme in itself. As I already said, it was nothing else but formal training in Linguistics in four years.  Boring you might say, but quite useful". 


What about you?

Cheers!


Comments

  1. I would like to know the Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities, various historians and politicians have passed through there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s impossible for me to believe that a university faculty doesn´t have technology from this century

    ReplyDelete
  4. (José Vásquez Reyes) Hello Teacher! I find it appalling that The Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities is not prepared for the current advances in technology. I think the university should invest in modernising it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi teacher, I find it very sad that some faculties are left behind, these things should not happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don`t have a lot of complaining , the university is great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!! I believe that sometimes we lag behind in terms of infrastructure, but I like our green spaces

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! the tecnology in some faculties is very bad, it's so sad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better computers for the Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are some things in the infrastructure of our faculty that I don't like

    ReplyDelete
  11. One good thing about the faculty is the green area we have

    ReplyDelete
  12. I personally like the infrastructure of the university!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The technological differences between the faculties are unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting the extensive analysis on your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It´s very unfair that the university focuses only on improving some faculties, and the other faculties, like The Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities, are left out in terms of facilities and technology

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I think it's bad that the Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities does not implement the use of technologies in its facilities and study plans because they are very helpful. I believe that all faculties should implement them.
    Ashley Ledezma

    ReplyDelete
  17. In the end, what matters is that you liked the program and that it was useful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. (Tamara Figueroa) It's great that you liked the program and how sad that the faculty does not advance with technology

    ReplyDelete
  19. (Anaís Reitter) I think that the technology is important in these time, they should invest in that

    ReplyDelete
  20. "...one can feel a terrible sense of isolation from the outside world". I laughed with this, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is sad to know that the university used to be like this, with very long hours and not much technology.

    ReplyDelete
  22. (carlos gonzalez) I am still surprised that we are so far behind in terms of technology for teaching

    ReplyDelete
  23. (Sebastián Astudillo)Did you have a favorite place within your faculty?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 4, Post 5, 'My future job'

English 4, Post 4, 'Themed Free Post [II]'